Modelex is committed to the protection of all personal and sensitive data for which we hold responsibility as the Data Controller. We believe the handling of such data is in line with the data protection principles and that access to such data does not breach the rights of the individuals to whom it relates.
We acknowledge the GDPR's definition of personal data as 'meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier'; such as name, identification number, location data or online identifier. It applies to both automated personal data and to manual filing systems where personal data are accessible according to specific criteria.
The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as "special categories of personal data" which includes genetic data, and biometric data where such data is processed to uniquely identify an individual by using finger prints, face recognition or eye screening.
At all times we ensure the principles of the DPA are applied and that all data is:
- processed lawfully;
- obtained and processed for specific and lawful purposes;
- sufficient, appropriate and not excessive in relation to the precise purpose;
- accurate and up to date;
- not kept for a great length of time;
- processed in agreement with the individual's legal rights;
- protected against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage;
- not to be transferred outside the EU unless the rights and freedoms of the individual are protected.
What information do we collect?
- Names and surnames of parents and students
- Date of birth of students
- Contact details of parents
- Passport details of parents and students
- Students' school reports
- Students' vaccination certificates
- Other relevant information that might be requested during the admission process
How long is the information stored for?
- The information is stored for the entire duration of the students' time at Modelex and for one year after.
- In cases where the student did not commence services with Modelex, we will store the information for one year, unless you explicitly request for it to be erased.
How is the information stored?
- The information is stored on a secure cloud.
How is the information used?
- The information is used to process your data for admissions purposes
- In cases where required, your ID can be shared with our banking institution for KYC purposes
- Only Modelex Directors, Managers and relevant personnel (such as admissions staff, financial manager and accountant) have access to your information.
What are your rights?
- You can request access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or
- You can request restriction of processing concerning the data subject or to object to processing
- You can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
We may collect data regarding your use of the Modelex website, including geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your use. This data is obtained through Google Analytics and is anonymised.